A quick Google Search will yield oodles of options for a plumbing contractor. So how can you actually find a good plumber? You need one which can:
- Handle the job
- Will show up, and on time
- Will stand behind their work
- Won’t rake you over the coals
Here are a few recommendations on how to choose a plumbing contractor:
- Ask around. Who is reputable?
- Ask for references.
- Check out review sites, such as Google+, Yelp, & Angie’s List
- How many years has the plumbing company been in business? You probably don’t want a newbie.
- If something goes awry, is the plumbing contractor insured? Inquire on workmen’s compensation and liability. The last thing you want is for something to become your problem due to improper insurance credentials.
- Ask what membership or trade organizations they are associated with.
- Does the plumbing company hold a current license?
- What type of warranties are there with work performed / parts used?
- Ask for the plumber to explain the process from quote to completion.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It’s your money.
Here’s what you should be expecting from a reputable plumbing company:
From the initial phone call, conversation should be handled in an efficient and professional manner.
A clear road map should be presented such as, “Sir, the first thing we need to do is X. Once we do X, we will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate. We will be at your location at X time on X day. If you have any questions before we arrive on-site, our contact info is X. We will give you a call when we are on our way.”
If an on-site diagnosis was needed, it should be explained thoroughly. Sometimes this step might be accompanied by some visuals of the plumbing problem. The plumbing contractor should then present solutions, cost, and a timeframe for completion of job.
Upon completion of the job, a good plumber will review the work with you (including parts/warranties in place if applicable, ask if you have any questions, and leave the site clean.
Need a little more information on this topic? Check out this article from Angie’s List: 6 Tips for Hiring a Plumber
If you have any words of wisdom to find a good plumber, we would love to hear about them!
San Luis Obispo Plumbers
Need some plumbing assistance in the San Luis Obispo? We are highly qualified and ready to serve you! Give us a call: (805) 543-7586.